Monday, May 14, 2012

Walima, finally

I bring such great news after 3 months of blogging hiatus. Not even my crazy schedule can stop me from talking about this because I waited for this moment for so long and Allah is very good to me because he is granting this wish a year exactly after I asked for it, and that is our walima. Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah! I am ecstatic!!!!

Walima is an Arabic term that means "banquet." I don't know if that is a common term among Muslims in the Philippines because some know it, while some don't. Anyway, a walima is basically a wedding reception and we all know what a wedding reception is so no need to expound on that. 

But I can expound on what our walima is going to be like! 

Now that we are in the process of actual preparations, I am feeling a little stressed because I am bursting with so much ideas but the minimal time and budget is preventing me from going all out. 



The walima will be held in Intramuros, also known as the walled city. Back in the 16th century, the Spaniards built a fortress around the perimeter of this area to protect it from so-called invaders, but in reality, they were just keeping the real inhabitants of this nation out, and those were the Muslims. Now, it's time to reclaim what is rightfully ours, so to speak. So a walima here is rightfully deserved.

On to our wedding pegs. How nice if this set-up can be re-created.


Love the dangling/lighting effect
Dessert Buffet
I could add more to these but I am keeping it to a minimum because this is what's realistic. In fact, I'm not even sure what can be pulled off given our budget constraints. Yet, I am grateful to Allah every second because this walima is really an answered prayer.

Will be back for more updates on the preparations, inshaAllah.


No comments:

Post a Comment