Monday, August 27, 2012

May to August and everything in between

Okay, now it's time to get to blogging. You cannot believe how much my life has turned around from May to August of this year. Alhamdulillah! I have no words to describe how happy I am with the current state of my life. Allah has truly given me so much blessings, and even more that I did not ask for.

Let's start in May...

Our Walima was held last May 25, 2012. I do remember writing about some of the preparations we were doing back then but I didn't have the time to share more details about it. Anyway, it was the exact type of wedding (reception) that I always dreamt of - simple, elegant, and intimate. Everything just fell into its perfect place and no one but Allah could have willed for all these wonderful things to happen. Here, let me share some photos from that momentous occasion...

Our throne for the night

some giveaways

the venue



We couldn't contain our happiness 

With my loving husband
Backtrack to June...

Shortly after the walima, we discovered another blessing - life inside my womb! :) It's my very first pregnancy and we are so excited to say the least!


the first sign of life: 2 lines mean positive
But just because I'm pregnant, it won't stop me from going on an adventure to --- Malaysia!!! It's my first time to Malaysia and I had been eagerly anticipating that trip because my husband who stayed in Malaysia for one month never stops telling me how beautiful the country is, most especially the people. And for Muslims who are used to modernity, Malaysia is an ideal place to live in because of the balance between Islam and modernization.

The main purpose of the trip was the Al-Maghrib seminar by Sheik Walid Basyouni about the 5 pillars of Islam. It was a double-weekend course so I opted to stay the whole week instead of going back and forth to Manila. The seminar was the first Islamic lecture that I attended and it helped me gain more knowledge of the deen and it is, as they say, an eeman-raising experience.



Double weekend seminar from the Al-Maghrib Institute



All Halal

Masjid Negara


Hey, this is just June? I have July and August to tell you about. Maybe tomorrow, insha Allah...
It's been fun rekindling all these memories. Maybe I can also tell you more about my Malaysia trip coz had loads of fun!

Until then. Assalamu alaikum!

1 comment:

  1. salam sis. i stumbled upon your site while googling about muslimahs. i am so happy everytime i see muslima bloggers in the philippines. :)

    great blog you got here.

    www.lilpink.info
    www.lilpink.info
    www.lilpink.info

    ReplyDelete